- Events Archives
- July, 2017
- June, 2017
- May, 2017
- April, 2017
- February, 2017
- January, 2017
- December, 2016
- November, 2016
- October, 2016
- August, 2016
- July, 2016
- June, 2016
- April, 2016
- February, 2016
- October, 2015
- September, 2015
- August, 2015
- July, 2015
- April, 2015
- August, 2014
- October, 2013
- August, 2013
- July, 2013
- June, 2013
*** Our Calendar of Events changes periodically..
For more information about any event, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for entries: All artists are invited to submit work for inclusion in the second annual Braumart “Mostra D’Arte” (Italian for art exhibition) a juried gallery exhibition put on by Friends of the Braumart. Accepted artists will have their work featured in the exhibition, which will be held August 13 through 16. The exhibition will be located in the downstairs conference room of the Downtown Plaza building in Iron Mountain. Accepted artwork will be eligible to win cash prizes. Entries for the jury awards will be judged on originality and the overall artistic quality of the work. A $100 People’s Choice award will be voted on by the public.
Original two-and three dimensional work completed within 2 years of the entry deadline is eligible. Ineligible media includes reproduction prints and work which is obviously derivative of other artists’ work.
Eligibility: Artists 18 and older are invited to submit from 1 to 4 pieces. Each work of art will be considered individually. Diptychs or triptychs will be considered as one piece. Entries will be juried from digital files.
1. Submission deadline: Enter between June 10 and midnight Friday, July 25. ***NOTE: THE DEADLINE FOR ENTERING HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY, JULY 30*** Email digital files to email@example.com and pay the nonrefundable entry fee at www.friendsofthebraumart.org.
2. Results notification: On or before Monday, August 4. Artists will be notified via email or phone whether their pieces have been accepted for the exhibition.
3. Art must be delivered to site on Monday, August 11, between 3 and 5 PM or by other arrangements. Two-dimensional work will be displayed on easels and walls. Tables will be available to display 3D work.
4. Hanging day is Tuesday, August 12.
5. Exhibition August 13, 14, 15 from 3:00 to 7:00; August 16 from 1:00 to 4:00 (coincides with Italian Fest). Reception Wednesday, August 13, 5:00 to 7:00.
6. Art must be picked up on Saturday, August 16 from 4:00 to 5:00 PM or Sunday, August 17, between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM.
Submission guidelines: Images should be JPG format. High quality images are essential for qualification. Out of focus, crooked, or poorly lit images will not be considered.
File names: In order to keep track of all the entries, it is necessary that files be named systematically. Each file name has two parts separated by an underscore (_). Part one is the artist’s name and part two is the title of the art work (e.g. Picasso_the three musicians).
File submission instructions:
1. Take a great photo of your art.
2. Format and name files appropriately.
3. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “art entry (your last name)” in the subject line. Include artist name, the media used, year of completion, and dimensions of the piece (height x width x depth) in body of email. You may also include a brief artist’s statement about the submission – 300 words or less.
4. Hit “send”.
5. Submit your nonrefundable entry fee payment via PayPal to Friends of the Braumart.
1 piece $20
2, 3, or 4 pieces $30
Entry fees are nonrefundable.
First place: $100
Second place: $75
Third place: $50
6 Honorable Mentions: $25 each
People’s Choice: $100
First, second, and third place prizes and honorable mention awards will be determined by the juror(s).
Display requirements: All 2D work must be ready for display (wire hangers are preferred). Artists are encouraged to provide their own freestanding displays (easels) for 2D work. A limited number of floor and tabletop easels are available.
Sales: Artwork may be sold at the exhibition. A Friends of the Braumart volunteer will be on hand to conduct sales – artists need not be present during exhibition hours. FOTB will retain a commission of 10% on any art sold at this event.
Use of images: Entry of artwork grants permission to FOTB to reproduce all accepted entries for promotional or educational purposes only for a period extending through December, 2015. Any image used will be accompanied by the artist’s name and the name of the artwork.
Disclaimer: The exhibition will be staffed by Friends of the Braumart volunteers during the hours of the exhibition. By entering this exhibition, artists release Friends of the Braumart and Downtown Plaza from any liability regarding the show. Artist agrees to assume all risk of damage to or loss of his/her own art from whatever cause.
Sliver of Color by Stephen Wysocki, First Place Jury award, Mostra d'Arte 2013
One of the premier acts in Northern Wisconsin will perform on the Braumart stage on Friday, August 1!
The Friends of the Braumart Theater and the Northern Lights YMCA Dickinson Center are pleased to announce that country music group Nashville Pipeline from Green Bay will be making an appearance at the historic Braumart Theater. The concert will take place on Friday, August 1, 2014 from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Doors will open at 7:00 PM for the Social Hour. Snacks and beverages will be available, including beer and wine.
“We are thrilled about this fantastic partnership to bring such a talented country music group to the community,” said Carmie Schmoll YMCA Membership & Marketing Director. “I love country music,” noted YMCA Vice President Katie Maxon. “Nashville Pipeline promises to be a real treat for the community and it should be a great evening for those who enjoy live music.”
“Our goal with this partnership is to provide a fun filled night for people” stated Friends of the Braumart board member John Estes. “We strongly support efforts to bring a year round arts and cultural calendar of events to the community.”
Nashville Pipeline is a group that has more than just a great show; there is a natural chemistry. With their early beginning in 1997, this band has evolved to be one of the premier acts in Northeast Wisconsin. The show is focused around good music and a good time. The energy this show gives the crowd is electrifying. Their whole attitude is to have a great time doing what they do best: entertain.
Tickets are available now for $20 at the Dickinson Area Chamber building on Stephenson Avenue, the YMCA Dickinson Center located at 800 Crystal Lake Boulevard, or by calling 906-774-4076.
Here they are on YouTube: