FRIENDS OF THE BRAUMART NEWSLETTER
NEWSLETTER/ CALL FOR NOMINATIONS/ MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
P O Box 156
Iron Mountain, MI 49801
info @ friendsofthebraumart.org
MARQUETTE MALE CHORUS PERFORMING AT THE BRAUMART!
The Friends of the Braumart is holding a fundraising concert!
The Marquette Male Chorus is known for great music and family entertainment, and in their 29 years they have mastered almost every genre of music from opera to show tunes to rock and roll. We are so lucky to have the Marquette Male Chorus performing on the Braumart Stage on Sunday, November 7 (2:30 PM Central Time). Tickets are $15 each, or four for $50. You can buy your tickets at the Dickinson Area Partnership or at the door. The concession stand will be offering wine and other refreshments. If you have a raffle item you would like to donate, please contact us at info @ friendsofthebraumart.org. All proceeds will support the Friends of the Braumart!
Our Mission Statement . . .
. . . is to purchase, restore/renovate and operate the historic Braumart Theatre, developing a dynamic art center which embraces all arts and artists and provides cultural, educational, and economic stimulus for the tri-county area.
- We co-hosted Business After Hours at the Braumart (with Dickinson County Community Theater and One Community Through the Arts);
- The Board has developed our constitution, articles of incorporation, and bylaws;
- We have achieved 501(c)3 status;
- We have released a Request for Proposals for our Theater Redevelopment Feasibility Study. Check it out on our website: www.friendsofthebraumart.org.
- We are currently developing a fundraising plan – if you want to get involved, please email us at info @ friendsofthebraumart.org
Soon it will be Election Day around the country, and even "Friends of the Braumart" is holding an election! According to our bylaws, the initial Board (our current Board) serves for staggered terms. There are two Board positions which will be open. The term of office will be three years (2011- 2013). We are accepting nominations from any member to serve on the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend monthly meetings and actively participate in assigned committee meetings
- Participate in short and long range planning activities
- Ensure effective financial controls and accountability
- Ensure all legal and corporate requirements are met
- Approve expenditures, the annual budget, annual report, etc.
- Approve major contracts and grants.
- Advocate for the organization.
- Research and discuss issues before decisions are made.
- Troubleshoot as necessary.
If you would like to nominate someone for the Board, or if you are interested yourself, please submit the candidate's responses to the following three questions by Monday, October 25. The three questions are:
- Why are you interested in serving on the Friends of the Braumart Board of Directors?
- What skills and experience do you bring to the Board?
- What do you feel are the biggest challenges facing the Friends of the Braumart in the next three years?
You may email your responses to info @ friendsofthebraumart.org or mail them to Friends of the Braumart, P.O. Box 156, Iron Mountain, MI 49801. Please limit your responses to approximately 300 words total. These responses will appear on the ballot. Our Annual Membership Meeting will be 7:00 PM Tuesday, October 26, at the Braumart. Nominations for the Board will be accepted at the meeting. After the October 26 meeting, nominations will be closed and the ballot will be mailed to all current Friends of the Braumart members.
Current Board Members are:
Jinx Brew - President; Duane Peck - Vice President; Barbara Kramer - Treasurer; Shanna Champeau - Secretary Other Board Members: Kathy Denny, Sally Jacobs, Robin Tchokreff
Are you a member of a service group in our area? We want you to know that Board Members are available to speak to your group about the Friends of the Braumart!
Membership dues for 2011 are due soon!
Membership is just $10.00 per person
Send Checks to:
Friends of the Braumart
Attn: Barbara Kramer, Treasurer
P.O. Box 156, Iron Mountain, MI 49801